A logo design is the foundation for brand recognition of a business. It incorporates vital information about a business and conveys its product message to its customers. To design an impeccable logo design, you must have some good knowledge of designing and styling a logo. But if you think yourself too inexperience for the job, then you can hire a professional graphic designer. However, there are still some important considerations that you must remember while working your way to design a logo. Here they are:
1. Get a professional designer who can identify with your business and vision. Unless you hire someone who can truly understand your business, you cannot achieve the desired results out of a logo design.
2. Always ask for 2-3 versions of a logo design before finalizing one. With only one design, you will not have much to judge in a logo design.
3. Never use stock graphics in your logo. Such graphic elements are used by many other businesses around the web, so you have a fair chance of implicating in copyright issue with those businesses.
4. Go for a design that is timeless and avoid using eccentric and complicated effects in your logo. Such elements will fade with time, triggering you the cost of redesigning and restyling after a certain period of time.
5. Implement vector graphics in your logo design. Vector graphics are resizable and convertible to any other medium for printing and publishing.
6. Do not make your design too complicated with unnecessary elements. Too complex design makes it hard to scale a logo into other forms, such as business card, coffee mug, T-Shirt etc.
7.Be sure that your logo design looks equally appealing in black and white.
8. Make your logo look professional and sophisticated with a unique font style. Select the type of fonts that can complement the style of your brand. Choose something that goes with the brand style of your product and look attractive at the same time. Do not use more than two fonts in your logo design or it will look complex.
9. Never copy ideas from others. Doing this will make your business unreliable and questionable to your potential customers.
10. A logo design is an integral part for the success of any brand. From branding your products to marketing your business, it plays an important role to achieve your business goals. For the brand recognition of your business, you must come up with a logo design idea that can match with the stature of your business. So you need to create a logo design that can grow your business and make it a success.
If you are someone who wants an impeccable logo design for its business, then you will need some really practical tips. The steps of creating a logo involve some crucial information that lead to a design that looks perfect and functional. Keeping in view the different aspects of a logo design, I have created a list of ideas that will help you accomplish the logo design. Here it is:
1. Keep It Simple And Minimal
A logo design should be simple and minimal. A logo design is judged more on its functionality and less on its graphic elements. A simple logo design will make lasting impression on the viewers than a design filled with eccentric shapes and effects.
2. Make It Unique And Identifiable
Make your logo design original and unique. A unique design is easy to remember and give an identity to your brand.
3. It Should Look Relevant With Your Particular Business
A logo is an image of a brand and should therefore reflect that identity with a unique design. You logo design should go with the nature of your business.
4. It should Be Flexible
A logo design should be applicable to multiple mediums that include 3D signs, screen printing and engraving. The versatility in a logo design is defined by its adaptability with the different visual mediums.
5. Make It Timeless
A great logo design should be timeless and impeccable. A design that is too stylish will render your logo obsolete after sometime, making it look inconsistent for the viewers. So ultimately you will have to spend more of your resources on redesigning and restyling.
6. Do Not Confuse Readers With Complicated Fonts
Do not use regular fonts or you will lose the element of uniqueness in your design. Select something creative and unique. Keep the font’s size readable. Do not enhance the fonts with unnecessary effects such as underline, shadows or emboss etc. Use only two fonts at most to avoid complexity in your logo design.
7. Use Balanced Alphabets
The alphabets in your logo design should look balanced and clear. Do not make them too tight or loose in the design.
8. Generate Ideas Before Designing Your Logo
Before creating a logo design, you should first generate ideas for its design that will include the name of your business, industry, target market and competitors. After you have acquired this fundamental information about your business, you can proceed to design a sketch of your perceived design. The outline of your logo design will be then converted into the digital form using graphic software, such as Adobe Illustrator.
9. Do Revisions
Make revisions in your logo design, considering the specific requirements of your business. Come up with at least 2-3 versions of a logo design before finalizing one.